DAY 1: ARRIVE IN NAIROBI
Upon arrival, you are met and transferred to your hotel. After refreshing, an afternoon drive takes you through Kenya’s modern, mile high tour of the city including visits to Giraffe Center, where you have a rare opportunity of feeding the gentle Rothschild’s Giraffe and Karen Blixen Museum dedicated to the author of Out of Africa. You return to your Hotel later in the evening. Accommodation –Sarova Panafric Hotel (www.sarovahotels.com) or similar -D B
DAY 2: MT. KENYA/ABERDARES
Check out after breakfast and head northwest to the unique Serena Mountain Lodge Tree Hotel or Aberdare National Park. Set on the slopes of rocky Mt. Kenya, the lodges have a spectacular view over the rain forest, an active waterhole and the surrounding bush. Among other host of wildlife viewed from the lodge terrace/balcony includes, elephants, buffaloes, waterbucks and occasionally rhinos and the rare leopards. Distance from Nairobi – 210km. Dinner and Overnight – Serena Mountain Lodge (www.serenahotels.com) or Treetops Lodge, B LD
DAY 3: SAMBURU GAME RESERVE
After breakfast, descend from the lush highlands to the arid Laikipia plains and the small oasis of the famed Samburu Game Reserve. Samburu lies on the fringe of the hot and sparsely populated Northern Kenya. After lunch, afternoon siesta and later afternoon game drive returning to your lodge after sunset. Distance 285ms. Dinner and Overnight:: Samburu Serena (www.serenahotels.com) or similar -B, L, D
DAY 4: SAMBURU GAME RESERVE
Both pre-breakfast and afternoon game drives are included. Samburu is home to a number of unusual animals such as the Gravy Zebra, Dik dik, Baisa Oryx, Somali Ostrich, Lions, Leopards, Cheetahs and the Reticulated Giraffe. Uaso Nyiro River provides bathing pools for Hippos and Elephants and you may even spot a crocodile. There is also a variety of birds.
Dinner and Overnight – Samburu Serena or similar- B, L, D
DAY 5: L. NAKURU NATIONAL PARK
Depart early after breakfast and drive pass the EQUATOR descending into the Great Rift Valley with amazing views of the extinct volcanoes. You will arrive in this alkaline lake in time for lunch and later afternoon game drive in this park famed for hosting thousands of FLAMINGOES both lesser and greater. You have an opportunity to walk along the shows of the lake as you view them from a close range. This park is also famed for tree climbing lions. Other wildlife include white rhinos, impalas, gazelles, buffalos and leopards. Distance 385kms
Dinner and Overnight – L. Nakuru Lodge (www.lakenakurulodge.org) or similar. B, L,D
DAY 6: MASAI MARA GAME RESERVE
Depart early and drive out of the Rift Valley on the plains of Loita with picturesque Masai herding cattle and on to Masai mara. You will arrive in time for lunch and afternoon siesta before embarking on the memorable game drive in this famous park. At the northern extremity of the Serengeti ecosystem and blessed with a permanent water supply, the Masai Mara has a thriving population of plain game, augmented in the dry season by the annual migration of over two million gnus and zebras from the vast, parched Serengeti plains. Distance 350kms
Dinner and Overnight – Mara Ashnil Tented Camp (www.ashnilhotels.com) or similar B,L,D
DAY 7: MASAI MARA
Spend the morning and afternoon on game drives in search of the BIG FIVE. You are sure to see plains game such as impala, grants and Thomson’s gazelles.
Dinner and Overnight – Mara Ashnil Tented Camp or similar– B L D
DAY 8: MASAI MARA – NAIROBI
Rise early for pre-breakfast game drive before returning for full breakfast and depart for Nairobi.
(You may choose to return by flying back to Nairobi 30 minutes flight by local Cessna type airplane). Arrive in time for lunch at the famous and world renown CARNIVORE RESTAURANT. A Brazilian style charcoal roasted meat is served hot on your plate. “A true African eating experience”. Depending on your departure flight details, you will be transferred back to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your flight back home. B L
*******************************End of Service**********************************
COST PER PERSON SHARING- Minimum 2 pax
- We have many more hosts of Kenya programs that are available upon request.
- In almost all segments of these tours, we can also arrange for flying packages upon request. In Kenya normally flying from one park to the other is just within 30 – 45 minutes.
- We have other FIT tours that include Tea/Coffee estate visits.
- Special ‘STILL’ photography tours
- Short documentary filming tours
- Home stay and cultural tours
- Special ornithological tours
- Wildebeests documentary filming tours
THE QUOTE TOUR PACKAGE INCLUDES
- All transfers to and from Airports/Airstrips
- All park entry fee/charges
- All transportation as mentioned in a special six seater with guaranteed window seats
- All domestic flights as mentioned in the tour itinerary where applicable
- English speaking driver/guide (we provide guided tours in French, Germany, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish and Russian upon request).
- Drivers allowance/salary during the entire tour
- Accommodation and meals as mentioned in itinerary i.e Lunch, dinner, breakfast (L,D,B)
- A complimentary bottle of mineral water.
- All hotel and government taxes
- International ticket
- Telephone and/or Fax
- Optional domestic air fare where applicable
– Beverages excluding bottled water
– Tips / gratuities for driver / hotel staff
– Any extras that are not mentioned above.
– Airport Departure Tax for International Flights
– Items of personal nature i.e laundry, souvenirs etc
– Travel insurance including damage or loss of luggage and/or personal injury
– Extra cost incurred if change in DATE, reduction in number of Persons or deviation from above itinerary.