9 Days – Kenya – Tanzania Cross Border Safari
Day 1: Nairobi
Upon arrival you will be met by our airport representative and transferred to Hotel for an overnight, after check in pre-safari briefing by our representative. Overnight: Sarova Panfric Hotel or similar www.sarovahotels.com B
Day 2: Arrive in Nairobi – Amboseli National Park
Check out after breakfast, drive south and join the Athi Plains with amazing views of endless Savanna and Masai walking and herding their cattle endlessly on the way. You will arrive at the Kenyan border post town of Namanga then turn left to Amboseli National Park. On a good clear day, you will be watching the majestic Mt. Kilimanjaro as you drive on just after one hour drive from Nairobi. Enjoy your lunch and later afternoon game drive in the park. Amboseli is renown for its highest concentration of elephants in Kenya in the background of Mt. Kilimanjaro. Dinner and Overnight – Amboseli Serena Lodge (www.serenahotels.com) / Oltukai Lodge (www.oltukailodge.com) B LD Distance 280kms
Day 3: Amboseli National Park
A game drive through Amboseli takes you across this vast lakebed – often dry, but still very swampy in some areas. Amboseli is best known for its great herds of elephant – you will often find many of them standing knee-deep in the water, spraying themselves to keep cool. But there is a lot of other game here too – cheetah, buffalo, giraffe, many types of gazelle and other plains game- and it is all set against the amazing backdrop of majestic Mount Kilimanjaro showing all its glory. Both morning and afternoon game drives are included.
Dinner and Overnight: Amboseli Serena /Oltukai Lodge BLD
Day 4 – Ngorongoro Conservation Area Park
After breakfast, check out with packed picnic lunch box and drive to the Namanga border for onward transfer to Ngorongoro Crater, arrive late in the afternoon and check into the lodge. Dinner and Overnight: Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge (www.sopalodges.com) . BLD
Distance Approx. 280 km
Day 5 – Ngorongoro Crater Drive – Serengeti National Park
Breakfast in the lodge. Check with picnic lunch and decent to the crater for half day game drive. Watch the Big Five ( Elephant, Buffalo, Lion, Rhino and Leopard) if lucky.
After picnic lunch in the crater, drive out through the Savanna and endless plains of Serengeti – Enroute visit the Olduvai Gorge and view the pre-historic first mankind discovered by Dr. Leakey. Afternoon game drive in this famous Park renown to host the highest concentration on earth. Return to the lodge as the sun sets! Distance Approx. 180 km
Dinner and overnight – Serengeti Sopa lodge– B, L, D
Day 6 – 7 Serengeti National Park
Both morning and afternoon game drives are included or full day game drive with picnic lunch boxes. Dinner and overnight – Serengeti Sopa Lodge– B, L, D.
Day 8 – Arusha – Nairobi or Zanzibar
Check out of the lodge and drive to Arusha arriving in time for lunch, after lunch drive back to Nairobi or Zanzibar by Air.
Dinner and Overnight: Nairobi Safari Club or similar (for those returning to Nairobi)
Day 9 – Departure
Transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your outbound departure flight.
End of Our service
Cost per person – CONTACT US FOR COST
- All transfers to and from Airports/Airstrips
- All park entry fee/charges
- All transportation as mentioned in a special six seater safari van in Kenya and 4WD landcruiser in Tanzania with guaranteed window seats
- English speaking driver/guide
- Drivers allowance/salary during the entire tour
- Accommodation and meals as mentioned in itinerary i.e Lunch, dinner, breakfast (L,D,B)
- All hotel and government taxes
- International ticket
- Telephone and/or Fax
- Optional domestic air fare where applicable
– Beverages excluding bottled water
– Tips / gratuities for driver / hotel staff
– Any extras that are not mentioned above.
– Airport Departure Tax for International Flights
– Items of personal nature i.e laundry, souvenirs etc
– Travel insurance including damage or loss of luggage and/or personal injury
– Extra cost incurred if change in DATE, reduction in number of Persons or deviation from above itinerary.